Are you convinced that the way we are educating children fundamentally has to change? Do you have the patience needed to allow students to experience and learn from failure? Are you prepared to inspire a generation to tackle the challenges that lie ahead?
Creator’s House is education for the 21st century. We are turning learning upside down. We want to go back to one-room schoolhouses where children are in charge of and responsible for their learning. We want to walk alongside our students and guide them in developing and discovering what their unique calling is for their life. In our preschool class, named Spark Studio, we use Montessori philosophy to prepare a classroom environment that enables the child to work independently and allow for the joy of self-discovery. Children engage in self-directed activities, hands-on learning, practical life skills and collaborative play. We exist to be a community of learners, parents and children alike.
We are seeking a lead guide who is ready to change the world of education. Creator’s House will be targeting Spark Studio launch in the winter/spring of 2020 on the Eastside of Greater Seattle Area. This is an opportunity to be an integral part of shaping the foundation of one of the most innovative schools of the 21st century.
Under the guidance of the head of school, the lead guide will oversee a class of up to 10 students in Pre-K to K (age 4-6). She/he will be responsible for creating a Montessori classroom that fosters child-led learning, introducing and placing appropriate learning materials and setting up work that will support a student’s natural desire to gain knowledge and skill. The lead guide will incorporate Montessori principles with the Hero’s Journey narrative to help learners identify their deep passions and to inspire them to use their gifts and passion to serve others in a meaningful way. The lead guide will also maintain the classroom environment, document the class (student projects, achievements, and everyday activity), and compile student portfolios.
We are looking for someone with a deep curiosity about life, a lifelong love of learning, and an entrepreneurial spirit (must thrive in a startup environment). Candidates should be on their own Hero’s Journey – someone who is intentionally pursuing a personal dream while overcoming obstacles along the way.
Creator’s House is a Christian faith-based non-profit school, but we do not teach or promote any specific Christian doctrine. We welcome children and families of all faiths and beliefs but our intention is to seek a guide who shares our common Christian faith. We ask candidates to provide a bit of their personal Christian faith story with us as part of the application process.
Candidates should have proven excellence in guiding children in or out of a school environment, and an evident passion for being on a hero’s journey. We seek a lead guide who loves to experiment, evaluate, and improve on everything she/he does. Candidates should have a deep respect for all children and empathy for the challenges children face in their lives. This is a position for an independent learner who can take direction but can also work with little direct guidance. Montessori and/or experiential learning training is a plus. State of Washington Teacher Certification is desirable but not required.
Start your journey to equip and inspire young heroes.
Your promises to us,
- Encourage every child to prepare for their “calling” that will change the world.
- Show up prepared, on time, every time during our school calendar.
- Emphasize on “learning to be”, “learning to know” and “learning to do”.
- Encourage children to find answers to their own questions
- Respect the pace of each individual child and allow opportunities for success and failures to take place, granting full ownership of responsibility to the heroes
- Ask questions that encourage the child to develop a discipline for truth seeking
- Be a role model for the child but not a provider of information
Our promises to you,
- Support your personal Hero’s Journey.
- Foster open communication between you and the parents
- Offer pre-start training to prepare you for your first quarter in the studio.
- Offer continual training and resources for PreK/K curriculum
- Provide a full review every three months.
- Work in an environment that supports strong team spirit, open and honest communication, a culture of honor, work life balance, and training and development focused.
Creator’s House offers a salary commensurate with experience plus benefits.
Candidates should apply with a resume and thoughtful cover letter that outlines how their skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, how the position is part of their “hero’s journey,” and how they heard about this opportunity via our posting on Indeed. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.